Immigration Crimes Aggressive & Dedicated Defense

Lubbock Immigration Crime Lawyer

Aggressively Defending Immigrants' Freedom

When a non-citizen is charged with a crime, strong representation is necessary to protect their rights and freedom. Non-citizens will need to ensure that they have strong representation to protect their rights and freedom if accused of a criminal offense. Immigrants need to understand that a criminal conviction could result in the loss of their residency status in the United States. Many criminal convictions can result in immediate deportation back to their countries of origin. If you or your loved one have been charged with an immigration offense, call our firm today at (806) 370-7800 for the assistance you need.

Our firm has the ability to handle a wide range of immigration crimes, including those involving:

  • 8USC § 1324 — alien transporting
  • 8USC § 1325 — illegal entry
  • 8USC § 1326 — illegal reentry

At King Law, P.C., we have the experience you need to help you resolve the issue you face in your criminal court case. It is illegal to bring in and harbor certain foreign nationals, which is classified as alien transporting. Improper entry by a foreign national is also an offense that can result in serious penalties. Additionally, it is illegal for a foreign national who has been removed to reenter the country without permission.

How Many Ways Can You Get a Green Card?

There are three main ways to get a green and they are the following:

  • Family - You can petition to get your permanent residency through a close U.S relative that is a citizen or green card holder. This is the most common way to get your green card. People usually attain it through their spouses. Your relative that is trying to petition for you to come must fill out a USCIS Form I-130 Petition for an Alien Relative. After the I-130 form, you must follow up with the I-485 Adjustment of Status Form. U.S Citizens also have the option to petition for siblings and married children over 21. This process takes much longer because they are not considered to be immediate relatives.
  • Employer/Investments - This way does not just include getting a green card through an employer but also through investments. The main ways under this category include investors and permanent employment. Investors can get a green card by investing into U.S businesses. Foreigners that invested at least $1 million into a new business or $500k into a business in one of the targeted employment areas may then apply for their green card. The businesses that they invest in must create at least 10 permanent jobs within the U.S. The last way would be to get a green card through an EB-1A visa. Through an EB-1A visa, you must be an olympic athlete, nobel prize recipient
  • Refugee or Asylee - You may apply for a green card one year after being in the country while being a refugee or an asylee. Asylees and refugees do not need to file an immigrant petition such as an I-130 or I-140 with the USCIS. Instead, they can file for I-485.

Immigration Crime Lawyer in Lubbock

As a non-citizen, you cannot afford to have a criminal conviction on your record. As your Lubbock criminal defense lawyers, we can discuss the different options available and the ways that we can approach your case. During a free case evaluation, it will be our goal to determine the best course of action and evaluate the various methods for resolving your case.

When it comes to your immigration status, you can look to our firm for the representation you need. Our firm has the ability to help you pursue a reduction or dismissal of your case. Contact us today at (806) 370-7800!

Proven Results

Pursuing the Best Possible Outcome
  • Dismissed Alien Transporting
  • BWI Dismissed BWI
  • Dismissed Charged with assault
  • Reduced Sentence Conspiracy to Manufacture, Possess, and Pass Counterfeit U.S. Currency
  • Reduced Sentence Conspiracy to Possess With Intent To Distribute